Enjoy a beautiful fall weekend and take in the vibrant colors of the fall leaves as you stroll through the wooded grounds of the 19th annual Old-Fashioned Christmas in the Woods. Festival will be held over two weekends, October 12-13 and 19-20 from 10am-5pm with plenty of free parking. Country Living Magazine featured this event as one of the premier craft festival destinations in the United States. More than 200 quality craftspeople and artisans will be demonstrating their holiday items as well as traditional crafts. Live entertainment, including B.E. Taylor will take to the Meeting House Stage, and a wide variety of food vendors will serve traditional and holiday favorites. Holiday baked goods and candies will also be available.
Thanksgiving weekend, November 30 and December 1, take part in a Youngstown tradition – Olde Fashioned Christmas at the Mill. Historic Lanterman’s Mill in beautiful Mill Creek MetroParks will be decked out in holiday finery for this special event. You can taste chestnuts roasted over an open fire, give Santa your wish list, purchase unique gifts, and watch artisans demonstrate crafts like weaving, pottery and wood carving. Hours: 11am-5pm
The 43rd annual American Holiday Fine Arts & Crafts Show returns to The Butler Institute of American Art on December 7-8; hours are 10am-4pm. This juried show features over 100 visual artists and craftspeople showcasing the best of their work. Shop for one-of-a-kind holiday gifts in the beautiful surrounds of The Butler.
Music takes center stage during a “November to Remember” with many special concert events during the month of November. There’s something for every musical taste!
- November 9th: Enjoy a Youngstown Symphony Orchestra Pops Concert featuring Broadwayshow-stoppers with selections from the Tony Award-winning musical Wicked. (DeYor Performing Arts Center: 330-744-0264.)
- November 15th: Experience Opera Western Reserve performance of Puccini’s classic opera La Boheme at beautiful Stambaugh Auditorium. This fully-staged opera will be sung in Italian with English supertitles (box office: 330-259-0555)
- November 16th: Country artist Justin Moore appears at the Covelli Centre with Randy Houser and Josh Thompson (box office: 330-746-5600 option 3)
- November 21st: It’s Creedence Clearwater Revisited, formed by original members of the iconic rock band Creedence Clearwater Revival appearing at Stambaugh Auditorium (box office 330-259-0555)
- November 25th: Get in the holiday spirit with Mannheim Steamroller Christmas at the DeYor Performing Arts Center (box office 330-744-0264)
Looking ahead to December, Disney on Ice skates into town for seven performances at the Covelli Centre. Join the celebration as 65 of Disney’s unforgettable characters come to life in a skating spectacular filled with magical Disney moments.
For more details on these and many other events, please visit www.youngstownlive.com and click “What’s Going On”, or contact the Mahoning County CVB at 800-447-8201.